SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search result
Typically, the earlier a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for.
Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.
Search engine preparation ( SEP )
At BeetrootStreet, all our sites are search engine prepared as standard. Although this gives a good foundation for search engine success, additional work must be carried out to ensure quality search engine results (SERPS). The items we cover as standard when producing a website are:-
- Use of CSS for navigation - Ensuring an easy method for search engines to find the key links in your site.
- Correct use of meta tags - Each page should have unique page titles and meta descriptions (One of the elements a search engine uses to work out the meaning of your page)
- Correct use of heading tags - Ensure each page is structured properly and would be readable if all of the graphics from your page had been removed.
- Search engine friendly URL's - Ensure all pages on your website have your necessary keywords built into the web page address.
What is Search Engine Marketing (SEM) & Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- SEM - Search Engine Marketing involves a combination of free website submissions and paid search engine listings, to ensure your website reaches customers using search engines to research purchase decisions.
- SEO - Search Engine Optimisation is the art and science of increasing your website's visibility to search engines for those important keywords and phrases that are relevant to your business.
- Search Engine Optimisation typically includes keyword research and development, competitive analysis and industry benchmarking, backend coding optimisation, website submissions and results reporting.
What are Pay-Per-Click & Pay-For-Inclusion programs?
- Pay-per-click (PPC) involves paying for your website to have a prominent position on the relevant search results page of a specific search engine. For each visitor that clicks on your link you are charged at a specified rate. The benefit of a PPC program is you only pay for results.
- Pay-for-inclusions (PFI) simply involves paying to get your website listed on a specific search engine. It does not guarantee prominent rankings. You will still need SEO to achieve high rankings. PFI gives you an opportunity to gain a top spot, but without an SEO strategy, it's effectiveness is limited.
SEO Coverage area
We cover the whole of North Wales and can visit you on site to discuss your requirements. If you are looking for search enine services in Colwyn Bay, Llandudno, Rhyl, Bangor, Caernarfon or even SEO in Conwy, Cheshire,Flintshire or Denbighshire we can accommodate. We even provide SEO service nationally across the UK